Monday 5 April 2010

Main Article

1.What inspired you to write the hot new single “Got to make it”?

Menice: I put a lot of thought into the title of the song and came to a conclusion that it was best if I kept it simple. “Got to make it” was influenced by my family, as they were constantly asking me if I was gonna make it to the top and become famous and successful. I wanna prove to them that I did make it and I am successful, and also to those who underestimated me.

2. What’s your next single and when is it going to be released?

Menice: My next single is called “Thug life” produced by Carl Harrison. It’s all about how I feel about life and my attitude towards it. It’s out in 3 weeks and the video in about 5. I really want people to hear about my view of life and I want it to influence their life so they can learn from my mistakes and my experiences. I make a lot of records which relate to other people’s life and personal situations, but this time I felt to do something a little different and made it about me and my life.

3. What do you think about the internet & its impact on music?

Menice: I think the internet has a major impact on my music. This is mainly because internet is another source where my music can be heard and as long as there are people that support me, and they come to my concerts, they buy my CD’s, those are my true fans.

4. What can people expect with “One Day”?

Menice: This is the best phrase to describe my childhood. Since I was little, I always thought to myself, one day I will make it big, I will become successful and eventually I did. This expresses my feelings and my journey, although it was hard it was all worth it in the end. I got the best production, Dr Trey and Creme. I made more than 30 records in preparation of this album, 16 go in the album and the others I can use them later on.

5. What was your selection process like?

Menice: Dr. Trey and Creme made the final decisions. I told them what I wanted and they kinda shaped it around my choice. The final choice was all of ours together, they told me what they wanted and then mixed it with my opinion.

6. Describe “All or nothing”

Menice: “All or nothing” is my record company, we in negotiations now. It should be distributed by interscope, that’s only if they offer me the right amount of money. The record company offers many deals.

7. What allows you to stay grounded?

Menice: I work, I work a lot so I ain’t out to absorb all of that, plus my fans, they love me on the music tip but not everybody is happy with me. There’s always gonna be somebody who doesn’t like you and there’s some people that would like to be me and that will keep me down to earth, It’s got to, knowing there are millions of people who would love to be in my position right now.

8. How do you stay focused?

Menice: If I wasn’t doing so well I would still be in those bad situations that I left behind. When you’re doing well as an artist…someone will always try to bring you down, just to try you and your patience and when you respond…it’s still on .. So it’s the same situation…it doesn’t really bother me… but I’m happy to be in the situation I’m in now... I feel blessed cos I’m better than many.

9. Have you got a son?

Menice: Yeah, my little boy Ian… he’s like 7 years old…he’s in my ‘Thug life’ video in the intro and at the end of it… he thinks he’s a star right now. I want my son to follow my footsteps and become an artist like me one day.

10. In terms of all the things that are happening with you right now, how do you relate to him what’s going on?

Menice: He knows what’s going on, I explained it to him exactly how they gonna have to explain it to their kids when they hear my music. You see if your kid is listening to my music.. You need to sit him down and explain to him that some people’s lives are like T.V. Bad things such as people fighting, getting shot and dying do happen in real life, and in certain places. I have informed my son about all of these things so in future he is fully aware, although he is only 7 years old. I don’t try to hide anything from him. I try to explain to him that I’m blessed and in a situation where I can provide for him so he doesn’t have to go through what I did cos life is unfair and unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment