Wednesday 24 February 2010

As part of my reserach, I had to make a questionnaire to find out what the target audiences expect from my music magazine. This is my questionnaire:

1) What gender are you?

Male
Female


2) How old are you?

14 – 16
15 – 17
18 – 20
21+


3) What is your ethnic background?

White British
Asian British
Black British / Caribbean / African
Other ____________


4) What genre of music do you most enjoy?

R & B
Hip Hop
Rock
Other__________



5) What genre of magazine do you usually purchase?

Dance
R & B
Hip Hop
Rock
Other _____________



6) How much are you willing to spend on a magazine?

£1 – 2
£3-4
£5+



7) What features would you like to see in a music magazine?

Interviews
CD reviews
Film reviews
Fashion section
Gig guide
Fan letters



8) Would you like to receive news / updates or e-mails about the magazine?

Yes
No


9) What is your favourite band or artist?

_______________________________________________



10) What are your hobbies?

Sports
Shopping
Singing / Rapping
Dancing
Other



11) Do you attend concerts?

Yes
Sometimes
Rarely
No, Never


12) Would you take part in competitions?

Yes
No

I presented my questionnaire to 20 people. This questionnaire allows me to gain knowledge from my audiences. It also helps me with what music genres are popular amongst my target audience. Finding out their taste will enable me to choose an appropriate genre for my magazine. It also helps me know what people will expect from my music magazine. The results I recieved from this questionaire I have presented in graphs and tables, as part of my quantative research.

No comments:

Post a Comment